About the Grayhaven
The Grayhaven is a 20 room motel in Ithaca, a small city in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York State. We are an independent, family-owned and run business.
The Housekeeper position is for someone that is passionate about creating an exceedingly clean and inviting environment for guests. As a Grayhaven housekeeper you will be overseeing and executing room cleanliness and organization. You’ll be working side-by-side with our current small-family / crew. As a mom-and-pop operation, we require a partner willing and able to roll up their sleeves. Attending to facilities with integrity and fine attention to detail are a must in creating a welcoming space for guests.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clean and service guest rooms and bathrooms.
- Clean and maintain areas outside of guest rooms and room entries.
- Make guest beds and put out clean linens.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and polishing.
- Clean dust and dirt from walls, ceilings, overhead lighting, under beds, in closets and any other various furniture and fixtures.
- Collect, empty, and properly dispose of trash and recycling from floors, guest areas, wastebaskets, and trash barrels.
- Perform or assist with minor maintenance repairs.
- Report necessary and/or recommended repairs to owners.
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replenish guest amenities as needed
- Work quickly and efficiently without compromising quality.
- Help to ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform seasonal cleaning duties (e.g. spring cleaning, super cleaning, winterization, etc.) as required
- Maintain the cleanliness of housekeeping staff rooms and communal work areas.
- Attends to guest requests in assigned areas.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding guest satisfaction with regard to room cleanliness
Knowledge, abilities, skill sets and requirements
- Kind and generous of spirit
- Exhibit professionalism and a helpful attitude toward guests
- Prior housekeeping and/or hotel experience a plus
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to and including 50 pounds.
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Help to set and follow the standard housekeeping operating procedures
- Adhere to and be aware of any rules regarding health and safety
- Punctuality and reliability
- Position appropriate professional attire
- Must have consistent access to transportation to arrive at the Grayhaven, 657 Elmira Rd Ithaca, NY 14850
- Grayhaven Motel is a living wage certified employer
- Hourly wage starts at $16 per hour + / commensurate with experience.
- Vacation hours accrue at a rate of 40 hours of paid time off (equivalent to one full-time work week) based on 40 hour work weeks for 52 pay periods per year. May accrue more / less depending on actual hours worked.
- IRA contribution available with minimum hours met.