The Grayhaven welcomes dogs staying with their owners. Dogs are allowed in rooms 9 through 21. This includes both Cottages and all Treman Lodge rooms. Carriage House rooms are NOT pet friendly.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, we are a 100 + year old property in the process of obtaining a historic designation. Many pieces of furniture, antiques and built in features are one of a kind and would be very expensive to recreate or impossible replace. We ask that you please help us preserve history and keep this in mind when deciding to bring your pet to Grayhaven. We are VERY pet friendly, but human comfort and historic preservation are our top priorities. If there is any chance that your pet may disturb other guests with noise, pick, scratch, mark, or harm any furnishings or decor, we ask that you please consider boarding around the corner at Bed + Biscuit Ithaca, or pet sitting at home via Rover.
Dog throws, towels, water bowls, waste bags and treats are provided for all visiting canine friends. Our pet fee is $15 plus tax per night for one dog, $25 plus tax per night for two dogs. Please contact us to make special arrangements for more than two dogs.
Service animals are, by law, welcome in all of our rooms. A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA, and are therefore limited only to dog friendly rooms, subject to the nightly pet fee, and are not allowed in the Office, Main House or Guest Lounge.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all guests and staff, we require that all dog owners agree to the following guidelines for pet etiquette per a signed contract:
- Dogs are not allowed in the Office, Main House or Guest Lounge.
- Pet owners agree to keep dogs off of all furniture unless a pet throw is covering the specific piece. This includes beds, couches, and chairs.
- Pet owners agree to immediately inform Grayhaven staff of any damage or accidents that a pet may have so that cleaning efforts may be promptly provided. If not notified, or excessive staining has occurred, a $150.00+ cleaning fee may be incurred for any deep cleaning required due to stained bedding, carpet or linen, or any pet waste found in a room by housekeeping staff.
- Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in the marked outdoor trash receptacles. There is a $75 fee if you don’t pick up after your pet.
- Pets must be crated when left unattended in the room. If you are traveling without a crate we have a limited number of loaner crates available. Please let us know in advance that you need one and we’re happy to help make arrangements for your pet’s stay.
- Pets must be crated or removed from guest rooms during housekeeping services. Pleased place a privacy sign on the door handle to indicate that service will not be needed if people entering the room will be too disruptive to your pet.
- Pet owners accept full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) for personal injury or property damage that may result from the pet. Pet owner agrees to make reimbursement for such damage on request.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times when outside the guest room, and under the control of their owner.
- Dog owners agree to use the fenced yard at their own risk.
- The Grayhaven reserves the right to remove animals from the premises if it is determined the animal is causing damage to hotel property and/or disturbing other hotel guests.
Thank you kindly for observing these rules, and helping to ensure that the Grayhaven remains a safe and enjoyably dog friendly accommodation.