Policies, Terms, Conditions.
We accept bookings online here and over the phone (607-272-6434). We have a two-night minimum stay on weekends during high season. A credit card is required at the time of booking, payment is collected upon check in. All rooms are non-smoking. All rates are subject to state and local taxes. All rates are subject to change without notice.
Cancellations impact us greatly, we ask your consideration in making and revising your reservations.
- All cancellations are subject to a $35 service fee.
- Cancellations must be made seven full days prior to our local check in time (3:00pm EST) in order to avoid a penalty of one night’s room plus tax and $35 service fee. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Friday of the previous week before check in time.
- If a reservation has not been cancelled by 48 hours before check in the entire reservation’s stay will be charged to the card on file if we are unable to fill the room(s) with another booking.
- We do our very best to re-fill these bookings to avoid charging guests for unused nights whenever possible.
- Guests checking out early will be responsible for any unused rooms/days.
- Reservations are not considered canceled without receiving a cancellation confirmation email.
Please note: There are certain dates that require payment in full and/or are not subject to a refund. Non refundable dates for 2020 are as follows: 05/15-18, 05/21-25, 7/2-6, 8/20-24, 9/4-7, 9/24-26, 10/9-12. Events blocks have their own cancellation requirements as outlined in the room block booking contract.
On the rare occasion winter travel is interrupted due to poor weather conditions, Grayhaven will honor cancellations under the following industry guidelines:
a. The Ithaca Airport and/or
b. The NYS Thruway is closed due to poor travel conditions.
These cancellations will be given the opportunity to rebook on a future date with no penalties to the guest.
Arrival / Departure
Check in time is from 3pm to 7pm Sunday – Thursday and 3pm to 9pm on Friday and Saturday. We can not accommodate check ins before 3pm during high season (May – Oct). Late check ins are no problem. Please notify us 48 hours prior to your reservation if you will be checking in later than 7pm/9pm and we will be happy to make arrangements with you.
Check out time is from 7am to 11am. Our 11am check out is strict as we need ample time to clean rooms and prepare for the next guests. Check outs after 11am will be charged $50 per additional half hour. Early check outs are no problem. Please notify us if you will be checking out prior to 7am and we will be happy to make arrangements with you.
All rates are for two persons per room. We charge a fee of $15 per night per child or $25 per night per adult to add additional occupants to a room. You’re welcome to bring pack-n-plays for the littlest ones. King, queen and full rooms are intended for up to two guests. Double rooms are intended for up to four guests. Please inquire if your group has more than the two or four intended adults, or if you will be traveling with children. A cot can be set up, pending availability, though not all rooms can accommodate an additional occupant.
Only guests on the guest registry for each room are permitted on property. If you would like to have additional guests or visitors you must notify us and obtain approval in advance, during office hours. Additional visitors and vehicles will be registered with the front desk.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome in many of our rooms. Advance notice is required and dogs must be crated if left unattended in the room. Our pet fee is $15 per night for one dog. $25 per night for two + dogs. Please contact us to make special arrangements for more than two dogs. Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in the marked outdoor trash receptacles. If you are traveling without a crate we have a limited number of loaner crates available. Please let us know in advance that you need one and we’re happy to help make arrangements for your pet’s stay. Our full pet policy and guidelines are available for review HERE.
Service animals are, by law, welcome in all of our rooms. A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA, and are therefore limited only to dog friendly rooms and are subject to the the nightly pet fee.
Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. During this time, we ask that you respect your neighbors and keep noise to a minimum.
Usually we only charge the room rate, applicable taxes, and any mini bar or other purchases made on the property; however, there are times where we will charge an additional fee. We only charge extra if:
- You smoke in the room ($250)
- You lose the key ($150 to have room re-keyed)
- You check-out after 11am ($50 for every 30mins)
- You don’t pick up after your pet ($75)
- You break something, take something or leave the room excessively dirty (the cost to repair or replace the object plus $50/hr. labor to return room to its original state)
- Wall art is stollen or damage (artwork in rooms is original artwork and is priced on a piece-to-piece basis by the artist).
Looking to rent the hotel for a large group or host a meeting or retreat? We can accommodate a maximum of 50 overnight guests and have ample indoor and outdoor event and meeting space. Rates depend on the season, so contact us if you’re interested in reserving a block of dates or hosting an event with us.
Something smaller in mind and only want a handful of rooms? We’re happy to hold a block of rooms for you and your friends. Give a call and we’ll help choose the building that best suits your group and needs.
Graduation & Special Events
Cornell and IC commencement, college event, and holiday weekends require a $200 deposit and are non-refundable reservations. After booking online you will be contacted to confirm reservation details before we process payment. We are happy to help your family make other arrangements during your commencement time in Ithaca. Just ask 🙂