Happy Holidays, motel lovers!
Hope the winter is finding you well and cozy so far.
As crisply falling leaves give way to softly falling snow, we have been transitioning to holiday planning mode. This means you’ll find some new offers + packages available on our website, as well as decorations to greet you when you arrive.
Read on for what 2022’s winter season has in store for Grayhaven and your Ithaca visits.
Have you noticed our new New Year’s Eve package?
NYE @ Grayhaven!
Enjoy a bottle of bubbly, charcuterie kit, sparkling water, and something sweet waiting for you in your room! Ring in the New Year with sparklers around the fire pit, with new friends and old.
Available between December 30th, 2022 – January 2nd, 2023 only. Book any stay or room type within this date range.
Read more about our current packages HERE. Add to your booking on our website under “Packages“…
Looking for restaurants for NYE? We suggest reserving a table if you can. Here are a few to try…
Check out the Explore page on our website for more dining recommendations!
Keep your eye on our Instagram account; there are always fun motel happenings that we love to share!
Here’s the list of December events happening here and near Grayhaven.
Hope you’re able to join us for one or all…
Upcoming Events at the Grayhaven Motel
Friday, December 2nd: Join us in our lounge from 4 -7pm for First Friday Gallery Night. December features new work from local photographer Keith Millman: Pictures from my Boat.
Saturday + Sunday Dec 3 + 4: Visit The Factory – a yearly holiday market at Artists’ Alley. Local artists, makers + fantastic food vendors shine at this event! One of our favorite vendors will be there – Asempe Kitchen – serving up divine West African cuisine.
Saturday + Sunday Dec 10th + 11th: Check out Ithaca’s Little Red Wagon Artisan Market from 10a-5p in the Triphammer Mall (not what you think about when you think about a mall. Bring your jackets + holiday spirit!).
Weekends in December: Take a detour to the Lime Hollow Nature Center for their annual holiday market. Set aside some time to try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing on their lovely trails while you’re at it!
Wednesday, December 21st: Begin the winter solstice with relaxing + experiential education! A guided tour of the winter garden at Cornell Botanic Gardens; 2 sessions @1.5hrs each. More info + tickets HERE.
Visit www.grayhavenmotel.com for more information on booking and events!
If you’re looking for a fun weekend away, any weekend is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes. Here are our February suggestions.
Recommended itinerary for December 2nd – 4th:
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy the First Friday opening reception in our guest lounge. Head downtown to The Commons for the opening of Ithaca’s 2022 Ice + Lights Festival. Ice carving, ice thrones (!!), glow bar and more! Dinner can be found anywhere on or near The Commons, as well. Enjoy!
- SATURDAY: Start the day at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market, then head back to The Commons for the 12th Annual Chowder Cook-off, part of the Ice + Lights Fest. Catch an early evening movie at Cinemapolis, or maybe have dinner at the Rook.
- SUNDAY: Drink coffee and read the Sunday NYTimes in the lounge by our wood stove. Check out at 11am and head to brunch at South Hill Cider, just up the way from us.
Recommended itinerary for December 16th – 18th:
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy some chill time before your dinner at one of the many wonderful restaurants on the Ithaca Commons before heading to The State Theater for Ithaca Ballet‘s version of The Nutcracker Suite! Showing this weekend only.
- SATURDAY + SUNDAY: After lunch at the famous + recently updated Moosewood Restaurant, go check out one or all…
- Ithaca Maker’s Market
- annual juried show at State of the Art Gallery.
- Press Bay Alley Winter Artisan Market
Winter rates and multi night discounts are active on the website.
See you soon!