Happy summer, Grayhaven friends!
Hope the sunshine is treating you well so far.
Local guests and friends don’t forget that tomorrow night is Gallery Night! This month we are overjoyed to feature Emily Sanders Hopkins’ new work, Velvet and Other Real People… Join us Friday, July 1 from 4 – 7pm in our gallery guest lounge.
We have very little weekend availability left this summer! If you’re still thinking about a weekend trip we encourage you to book soon. There are a few wonderful weekend itineraries in this newsletter, put together by one of Grayhaven’s wonderful hosts, Britt.
If weekend travel isn’t a must, we hope you’ll consider visiting during the week when our State Parks are a little less crowded and you can really soak into a few long and relaxing FLX summer days. Please read on for all of the exciting things coming up in our area.
Gone To The Dogs!
Traveling with your dog? The Seneca Lake Wine Trail is “bringing together two things you love – dogs and wine – for a doggone great time” in the Finger Lakes! Plan for your dog-friendly August vacation by adding this awesome event week to your itinerary: Gone To The Dogs!
We have teamed up with the Seneca Lake Wine Trail to offer a delightful package just for attendees of this event, available from 8/22 – 8/26! Let us know if you’d like to extend your stay on either end of these dates.
Included in the Gone to the Dogs Package from Grayhaven, you’ll find:
- Charcuterie box for pups
- Charcuterie kit for hoomans
- 1 bottle chilled Lamoreaux Landing dry Riesling
This package is currently live for booking on our website: HERE
Looking for an off-the-beaten-path activity? Bring your roller skates next time you’re in Ithaca! We are charmed by Ithaca’s Pop-Up Roller Disco; a spontaneously-located, movable happening popping up all over our community. Date / time / location updates are listed as posts on their Facebook page; this event continues throughout the year, as long as the weather holds.
If skating’s not your thang, perhaps you’d like to take a boat ride on our gorgeous Cayuga Lake – perhaps even while learning about it? Welcome to Discover Cayuga Lake tours, a wonderful way to learn by exploring and enjoying our sunsets. They offer public as well as privately-chartered tours. Sunset cruises going out Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Click the link to discover more!
If you are a fan of learning about new (or old) places, but the sea is not the life for ye, consider Ithaca’s newest way to explore overland: Go Ithaca Tours. Sign up for a guided tour along a variety of routes thorugh methods, including by foot, by bike (your own or borrowed / rented) or by bus. No need for a car!
Its lavender season, folx!
How do you feel about artisan chocolate and organic lavender? Make reservations at Rue Claire Lavender Farm & Artisan Chocolate and find out. Located in nearby Lodi (25mi / ~35mins from Grayhaven), they offer chocolate tastings, farm-to-table cocktail pairings, plus u-pick fresh lavender all season long. What’s not to love?
Keep your eye on our instagram account, there are some fun motel additions coming this month that we can’t wait to share.
Last but not least, here’s the list of July events happening here at Grayhaven, as well as our favorite Ithaca goings-on for the month.
Hope you’re able to join us for one or all.
Upcoming Events at + near the Grayhaven Motel…
Friday, July 1st: Art night! Gallery night in our guest lounge gallery. Join us from 4pm – 7pm for the opening reception of Velvet and Other Real People by Emily Sanders Hopkins, a multi-talented and prolific writer, editor, illustrator + cartoonist. For more art, head over to the Hangar Theater’s opening night of Cabaret at 7:30p!
Monday, July 18th: Latino Conservation Week with FLLT: Hike at Thayer Preserve with happy hour at South Hill Cider to follow.
Thursday, July 21st: Grassroots Festival annual kickoff celebrating 30yrs in 2022! Get your tickets here and enjoy 75+ bands through that weekend.
Any summer weekend: Check out Friends of Stewart Park’s Movies in the Park’s Facebook to see what’s playing and when!
If you’re looking for a fun weekend away, any weekend is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes. Here are our July suggestions.
Recommended itinerary for July 1st – 3rd:
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy the first Friday opening reception in our guest lounge. Head up the hill to our neighbors, South Hill Cider ,for dinner and live music from The Grady Girls. And/or maybe cap the night off with a Gallery Night Ithaca walking tour…
- SATURDAY: Start the day with brunch 7mins from your room at Mix Kitchen + Bar. Afterwards, head to the Ithaca Commons for some LGBTQIA+ Pride events, including circus performances! Catch an early evening movie at Cinemapolis, or maybe have dinner at longtime local favorite Viva Taqueria + Cantina before ending the night with a sunset boat tour from Discover Cayuga Lake.
- SUNDAY: Drink good coffee, enjoy locally-sourced breakfast delights and read the Sunday NYTimes in our art gallery / guest lounge. Check out at 11am and head to brunch at one of our favorite spots.
Recommended itinerary for July 29th – 31st:
- FRIDAY: Enjoy a bottle of local rosé as you settle in, chilling in your room before heading out for a bite to eat with localy-brewed imbibing at Ithaca Beer Company (just down the road from us).
- SATURDAY: Enjoy a hike at one of our neighboring state parks, Treman, in time for a swim and shower before attending Ithaca Shakepeare presents: The Two Gentlemen of Verona in the same park at 6pm. Afterwards, head downtown for dinner at one of the many wonderful restaurants on the Ithaca Commons.
- SUNDAY: Grab coffee and check out of your room on your way to visit the Ithaca Farmer’s Market for breakfast and an array of amazing vendors! Take a 1hr cruise from the dock with Discover Cayuga Lake boat tours before you head home. As always, thanks for staying with us and enjoying Ithaca!
2023 rates and multi night discounts are active on the website.
See you soon!