Happy (almost) Spring, motel lovers!
As far as FLX winters go, so far this has been a mild one! Patience can still be required this time of year though, March is notoriously fickle.
Read on for some of our favorite early spring activities, as well as what Grayhaven has to offer this coming season.
Four Part Bookbinding Series @ Grayhaven Motel,
w/ Laura Rowley of Illuminated Press
Join us for a sparkling new class series led by the talented Laura Rowley of Illuminated Press! If you’ve been interested in learning bookbinding, or there’s a more advanced technique you’d like to try, these classes are a wonderful opportunity. The environment is intimate, comfortable and relaxed. Take the entire series or pick a class à la cart.
Celebrate your graduate with local treats! This package is available year-round and can be added to any stay! It includes a locally-made Celebration Cake from the talented Emoticakes and one bottle of Dr Konstantin Frank’s sparkling Brut (or festive non-alc alternative). Specify your school colors and we will do our best to accommodate matching cake decoration 😉
Prepare for your visit to our local Cornell Lab of Ornithology and Sapsucker Woods (or anywhere in nature, really) with these online coursesfrom the Bird Academy at the Lab of O! Pick your season – all offer lovely views and wildlife.
Remember: “There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.”
Last but not least, here’s the list of March events happening here and near Grayhaven. Hope you’re able to join us for one or all!
|Upcoming Events at the Grayhaven Motel|
Friday, March 3rd: Join us in our lounge for First Friday Gallery Night. This month opens Sue Stocum’s solo exhibition, Landscapes: A Witness to Light. 4-7pm in our gallery lounge!
Saturday March 4th: The return of Ithaca’s dearly and yearly (25th annual!) Chili Cook-off! Make your way to The Commons between 12 – 4:30 for delectable bites that will knock your socks off.This month’s State Theater line up includes The Wood Brothers, DakhaBrakha, and Nikki Glaser. Cherry Arts is showcasing Heading Into Night in their theater March 17th – 26th, and At the Threshold in their gallery through April 2. Hangar Theater and DSP present James McMurtry w/ Betty Soo on March 19th. Visit www.grayhavenmotel.com for more information on booking and events!
If you’re looking for a fun weekend away, any weekend is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes! Here are our March suggestions.
Recommended itinerary for March 3rd – 5th:
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy the first Friday opening reception in our guest lounge between 4-7pm.
- SATURDAY: Start your day with fresh coffee and continental breakfast in our guest lounge. Walk or bike around the Cayuga Waterfront Trail to work up an appetite for Ithaca’s 25th annual Chili Cook-Off on The Commons from 12-4:30!
- SUNDAY: Drink some delicious coffee and read the Sunday NYTimes in the lounge by our wood stove. Check out and head to brunch at StoneBend Farm, just up the way from us.
Recommended itinerary for March 17th – 20th:
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy some chill time, then head to South Hill Cider for Racelette Night before experiencing Heading Into Night at Cherry Art Space.
- SATURDAY: Visit some of the many wonderful hikes, museums, and restaurants recommended on our website.
- SUNDAY: Make it a long weekend! Reserve a table ahead at Allechant for an amazing Sunday Brunch. Close out and awesome weekend with a James McMurtry show at the Hangar Theater.
Keep your eye on our Instagram account; there are always fun motel happenings that we love to share!
Winter rates and multi night specials are active on the website.
See you soon!