Happy March, Motel Lovers!
As we continue rolling with the waves of the greater collective, we tentatively step one toe at a time back into more public offerings at Grayhaven…
Gallery Night is BACK!
The Grayhaven is sparkling with excitement this month to host the transcendent art of local-by-way-of-Colombia gem, Yen Ospina.
Join us for Ms. Ospina’s opening reception of Unicus during Gallery Night on
Friday, March 4 between 4 – 7pm.
Cider, beer, soft drinks, and Oracle Chocolate’s truffles will be available for purchase.
Beginning March 2nd our office will open 3pm to 7pm for daily art-viewing visits in the gallery-lounge.
New Vendor Feature: Emoticakes
We have several new local vendors that we are thrilled to be working with! We’ll be highlighting each of them + their offerings here at Grayhaven over the next few months. Look out for new items on our menu, thanks to our new friends!
For our first this month, meet Amy Dawson of Emoticakes in Trumansburg…
Amy combined her passions for art and baking to create Emoticakes. She loves to bring joy to celebrations by providing delicious and beautiful custom baked cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
Enjoy a small 6” celebration cake from Emoticakes as part of your time with us!
Oh! It’s almost spring, you say? We’ve created a new special package for the lovebirds out there. Just in time for spring + summer vacation planning…
The Elopement Special
Are you ready to say “I do”, but prefer to keep it a very private event…Perhaps as a Finger Lakes getaway for two? Congratulations! Look no further than lovely Ithaca, NY and our sweet Grayhaven Motel. Included in this package, you’ll receive:
- Box of locally-crafted artisan chocolate truffles from Oracle Chocolates (including grayhaven’s signature flavor!)
- Bottle of Finger Lakes bubbly, cider or fancy non-alcoholic beverage
- Charcuterie “kit” featuring regional goodies from: 5 Spoke Creamery, Brooklyn Cured, Barrel + Brine, and Stony Brook.
- Deluxe morning coffee, tea, + cocoa set up, featuring a bag of freshly ground Maquina Roaster’s coffee and honey from White Dog Apiary.
- 2 retro-style, USA made, Grayhaven Motel + Fiesta Ware mugs (wedding souvenir!)
- Grayhaven Motel’s classic “DIY Breakfast” featuring organic instant oats, Once Again almond butter, and an 8oz bottle of locally-tapped, Russ’s Liquid Gold maple syrup.
- $250 gift card to Rasa Spa (we strongly advise making appointments in advance to guarantee the experience you prefer)
- Small celebration cake from Emoticakes’ Amy Dawson (March’s featured vendor)!
Guidance on ceremonial accompaniments can be found on Sweet Bough Collective’s website. Top notch local officiants, photography/videography, florists, etc can be found there. We are honored to be listed with these folks under “Lodging”!
The Elopement Special can be added to any room reservation, as with any package.
Book your choice of accommodation.
Following the booking page you will have the option to add this special to your stay.
You may call or email us to add this package to existing reservations.
Be sure to indicate whether you prefer bubbly, cider or a non-alcoholic alternative.
Click here to shop our current packages.
Ithaca and the Finger Lakes region get a mention in this Lonely Planet travel blog! Grayhaven’s neighboring state parks get their own links.
Keep our Instagram account in your feed; we continue to post updates of our unique (and many new!) offerings, as well as glimpses into life at our motel.
Last but not least, here’s the list of March events at Grayhaven, as well as interesting Ithaca-area happenings for the month. Hope you’re able to join us for one or all…
Upcoming Events at the Grayhaven Motel
Friday March 4:Gallery night! From 4 – 7pm, the opening reception of ____ from local art treasure, Yen Ospina, will be hopping in our lounge gallery.
Saturday, March 5: Downtown Ithaca’s yearly chili cook-off! 11:30 – 4:30 on The Commons. Celebrate the 24th year of chili in person, with our community.
Daily beginning March 2: Our art gallery-lounge will now be open for art-viewing joy, from 3-7pm daily.
If you’re looking for a fun weekend away, any weekend is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes. Here are our between-season, March suggestions.
Recommended itinerary for March 4 – 6
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy the first Friday opening reception in our guest lounge. Head to the Ithaca Beer for dinner and maybe cap the night off with a Gallery Night Ithaca walking tour.
- SATURDAY: Start the day at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market, then head to the Ithaca Commons for the 24th Annual Chili Cook-off . Catch an early evening movie at Cinemapolis, or enjoy dinner at Maxie’s Supper Club before heading to catch a show at The Hanger Theater.
- SUNDAY: Check out at 11am and head to brunch at one of our favorite spots.
More to do in March…
- Enjoy a complimentary early check in and chill out for a bit before your Downtown Ithaca Craft Beverage Tour. After the tour, stay downtown for dinner at one of the many wonderful restaurants on the Ithaca Commons.
- There are too many awesome events happening for us to list here. Visit Ithaca’s Events page has the best / most comprehensive list of things going on. Close your eyes and pick a few, you can’t go wrong!
Winter rates and multi night discounts are active on the website. See you soon!