Happy May, motel lovers!
How is your garden growing? How are your summer plans unfolding?
We have some exciting events and packages to liven up your summer, so read on…
New Vendor Feature: Dolce Delight
Meet Maria Salino of Dolce Delight…
A Finger Lakes native, growing up in an Italian/Greek household ensured that Maria Cacciotti Salino would develop a love & passion for food. The kitchen has always been a comforting place where family gathered with great food & conversation. A self-taught cook and baker, Maria has followed her passion and now owns Dolce Delight with her daughter Christina. Pies are their specialty but you can enjoy many of their pastries and homemade products, breakfast and lunch.
Now available, add a 6″ mini “Our Famous Cherry Pie” from Dolce Delight onto your stay!
With artful pastry detailing, and *very* surprisingly vegan ingredients, this pie knocks it outta the park. She may be mini, but she is mighty…This 6″ queen will satisfy 2 – 4 sweet peoples’ sweet teeth.
Thank you, Maria!
Do you all love Schitt’s Creek as much as we do?
Join us on Saturday, June 18th as Grayhaven co-hosts a Schitt’s Creek-themed event! From 11a – 3p our patio + grounds will magically transform into family-friendly pop-up “Moira’s Market”, offering a delightful browsing experience brought to you by local and regional vendors.
Come for the cinnamon buns, stay for the Parade of Moiras!
Parade will begin at 1pm.
Continue the party at the “Titt’s Creek: A Burlesque, Drag and Comedy Tribute to Our Favorite Show.” at 8pm (21+ only) at the Community School of Music and Arts, one block off The Commons in downtown Ithaca. Tickets can be purchased through the event’s webpage here on Eventbrite. Partial proceeds from the weekend’s events benefit Ithaca College’s Center for LGBTQIA+.
Happy (almost) Pride!
Wow, what a day! Good thing you’ve booked a stay, as we have a very special package for 2 waiting just for you at GHM for that weekend and that weekend only…
Moira’s Ooh-La-La! Weekend
- Discounted tickets to Titt’s Creek Burlesque extravaganza at CSMA (GHM guests receive a special code for this, in a reservation follow-up email)
- 1 bottle of bubbly (or no-alcohol alternative; please specify)
- 1 28oz bottle Saratoga Springs still water (stay hydrated!)
- Deluxe morning coffee, tea + cocoa kit including a 10oz bag of Maquina coffee + local honey from White Dog Apiary
- Our Famous Cherry Pie! (from Dolce Delight)
- 2 Grayhaven Motel souvenir retro key fobs
This special is for the weekend of June 17 – 19 only (you can come a day early and/or stay an extra night). We will send you a code for tickets (Grayhaven guests only) when we see your reservation book. It can be added to any room reservation. Book your choice of accommodation. Following the booking page you will have the option to add this special to your stay. You may call or email us to add this package to existing reservations. You can also click here to shop our current packages.
What else is happening around town + at the motel this month? Continue reading to discover. Hope you’re able to join us for one or all!
|Upcoming Events at the Grayhaven Motel|
Friday, May 6th: Gallery night. Join us from 4 – 7pm for the opening reception of Connecticut artist Rafæl Lino‘s portraits and abstract paintings. Beverages and Oracle chocolates will be available for sale.
Thursday, May 5th – Thursday June 9th: Ithaca’s annual Spring Writes Literary Festival. Both Zoom and live events (including workshops) this year. Click event for more info – stay at Grayhaven to be able to attend your favorite events in person! So much offered in this event, including a monthlong zine fest held at The Downstairs all May.
Saturday + Sunday, May 14 +15: Gift yourself a long weekend at Grayhaven, checking out on Monday so you can participate in the Build an Adirondack Chair workshop for women at Hammerstone School of Carpentry! Visit their workshop link for registration and more info. Visit www.grayhavenmotel.com for more information on booking and events!
If you’re looking for a fun weekend away, any weekend is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes. Here are our May suggestions…
Recommended itinerary for May 6th – 9th:
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy the first Friday opening reception in our guest lounge. Head to the Ithaca Beer for dinner and maybe cap the night off with a Gallery Night Ithaca walking tour.
- SATURDAY: Start the day at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market, then head to one of the parks mentioned in this Lonely Planet article to enjoy peaceful hikes and stunning views. Try dinner at Maxie’s Supper Club before catching a show at The Hangar Theater, or checking out the zine fest at The Downstairs.
- SUNDAY: Drink coffee and read the Sunday NYTimes in the lounge by our wood stove. Head to brunch at one of our favorite spots. Catch a matinee at Cinemapolis before or after your spa treatment at Rasa Spa.
- MONDAY: Check out by 11:00 and hit one of our favorite coffee shops on your way out of town!
If you haven’t yet, follow our instagram account for snapshots of life around Grayhaven.
New packages, retail and multi-night discounts are active on the website.
See you soon!