May greetings, motel lovers and graduation families!
Hope this month is bringing some joy your way.
As the season progresses, we’re finding our calendar (and our gardens) filling up. In addition to welcoming back our lovely regulars and the annual odyssey of graduates’ families, our event spaces have been bustling with music and art experiences, wedding groups, bridal/bachelor gatherings, baby showers and most importantly – fun!
Grayhaven gardens continue to grow and we are on the edge of our seats to see which new plantings made it through the winter. Stay tuned to our social media for photos. Or better yet, come and see for yourself! If you visit us this month, be sure to walk around the property and enjoy the landscape.
As part of our stewardship of this land, we continue to work diligently to transform it into a haven for pollinators, birds and other native species. At the time of this writing, we are just preparing to plant our annuals for the year. We love watching the patio and other outdoor spaces begin to transform.
Read on for what this busy month has in store for Grayhaven and your Ithaca visits…
Celebrate your graduate with local treats!
This package includes a locally-made Celebration Cake from the talented Emoticakes + bottle of Dr Konstantin Frank’s sparkling Brut (or festive non-alc alternative).
Find out more and / or book HERE.
May 5th is the happy seasonal return of Ithaca Bike Rental! Look them up during your visit to expand your experience of our region.
It’s a lovely way to get to know a place – taking in the sights more slowly and without a car frame between you and the outside environment.
Keep your eye on our Instagram account; there are always fun motel happenings that we love to share (including garden updates)!
Below you’ll discover our highlighted May events happening here + near Grayhaven.
Hope you’re able to join us for one or all.
|Upcoming Events at + Near the Grayhaven Motel|
Friday, May 5th: Join us in our lounge for First Friday Gallery Night. This month features new paintings by Frank Shifreen. 4-7pm in our gallery lounge!
Sunday, May 7th: Experimental Sight + Sound @ Grayhaven Motel. From 8-10pm in our guest lounge, experience an evening of experimental sight and sound featuring the work of three Ithaca-based artists using art, technology, sound, science and interactivity to guide and propel their work. No tickets; free show!
Monday, May 8th: Dead + Co at Barton Hall, Cornell U – the same date they played here in 1977! This concert benefits Musicares and the Cornell 2030 Project. Grayhaven has a shuttle going to the concert, there are a few seats left if you’re in need of a lift and want to join us on the bus!
Sunday May 14th: Celebrate Mom in Ithaca by taking her to experience the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra…in Ithaca! 3pm at Cornell. Leave early to find good parking.
Any afternoon through May 24th: Visit The Ink Shop to see a unique collaborative show featuring printmaking works by students from both IC + Cornell U. I See You 2023 is up through May 24th.
Saturday, May 27th: Head to the Finger Lakes Cider House for a Saturday Tour + Tasting! These weekly events fill quickly, so reserve your spot HERE.
Visit www.grayhavenmotel.com for more information on booking and events!
If you’re looking for a fun weekend away, any weekend is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes. Here are our May suggestions.
Recommended itinerary for May 5-9th:
- FRIDAY: Check in and enjoy the first Friday opening reception in our guest lounge from 4-7pm. Afterwards, head downtown to The Commons for any array of fantastic restaurants for dinner.
- SATURDAY: Start the day with fortifying coffee, tea and a light breakfast in Grayhaven’s office before you head off to the Cayuga Wine Trail’s Wine + Herb weekend! Grab those tickets soon before they close on May 4th.
- SUNDAY: Grab some breakfast at Milkstand Ithaca before your second day at the Wine + Herb fest. Had enough wine? Hit up the More than Cake bake sale / cookbook sale fundraiser bonanza at South Hill Cider! From 2 – 5 enjoy sweets from some of the most talented bakers in our area, hear great music and learn more about the organizations raising funds. Quarter Acre for the People Program + HERE. Finish the night with Experimental Sight + Sound right here at Grayhaven.
- MONDAY: Dead + Co at Cornell U’s Barton Hall. Cornell bell tower always has a special edition of their chimes annually on May 8! Or take the day to relax.
- TUESDAY: Enjoy coffee and a light breakfast in the Grayhaven gallery lounge before you check out and are on your way. See you next time!