Happy November, motel lovers!
We remain ever grateful for you, our motel friends and family, and hope this month brings the spirit of gratitude to your homes and hearts.
Grayhaven Motel will continue the tradition of being open and sparkling with Holiday spirit in the coming months. If you have any questions about a holiday stay please reach out, we love hosting folks both looking to get away for the holidays and coming into town to visit family.
Read on, we have some great Ithaca updates and November weekend itineraries for you below.
Wide Awake in Ithaca!
The local supplier of Grayhaven’s delicious granola has opened a storefront! Guests often ask where they can purchase this granola and other tasty baked good to bring home, and now we have an answer –
Wide Awake Bakery’s brick-and-mortar location is now open in the Franklin Market at 435 Franklin St. in the City of Ithaca.
For the Ice Hockey fans out there:
Cornell Men’s Ice Hockey games are an experience not to be missed. The fans, the band, the newspapers… You’ll see.
This Winter is the inaugural season of the Elmira River Sharks hockey team. Travelers have 5 chances to see the team at home in Mark Twain territory this November… just a short drive from the Grayhaven Motel.
Don’t forget about our MidWeek Traveler package.
Stay at least three consecutive midweek (Sun-Thurs), non-holiday, non-event weeknights and you can get one of these midweek nights for free. This package is available year-round. Details are available on our website, and it’s easy to add this package to your cart when booking a room.
Below you’ll discover our highlighted November events happening
here + near Grayhaven.
|Upcoming Events at + Near the Grayhaven Motel
Friday, November 3rd: Join us in our lounge for First Friday Gallery Night. This month features new drawings by Jessica Warner. 4-7pm in our gallery lounge!
Thursday, November 8th-12th : Center for the Arts in Homer has some amazing offerings, presenting Lord of the Flies as an immersive theatrical experience 11/8 – 11/11, AND hosting a night of music with Deer Tick on Sunday 11/12
November 10th + Sunday, November 12th: Opera Ithaca Presents Rusalka at the Hangar Theatre. In a world where being different means that you cannot love who you love, to what lengths will you go to change yourself?
Friday November 17th – 19th: Lilypad Puppet Theatre presents their annual Crankie Cabaret! at Cherry Arts. What is a crankie? “A crankie is an old storytelling art form. It’s a long illustrated scroll that is wound onto two spools. The spools are loaded into a box which has a viewing screen. The scroll is hand-cranked while the story is told. It can be accompanied by a narrative, song or tune.
Tuesday, November 22nd: Enjoy the annual Thanksgiving Holiday Market at Press Bay Alley from 4:30 to 7:30pm. Get all the wonderful food and beverages you need for your holiday dinner from local farmers, bakers and chefs!
Sat November 25th: Celebrate Small Business Saturday by picking up a one of a kind Grayhaven souvenir from our office. Have you seen our new tote bags and stickers?? Visit www.grayhavenmotel.com for more information on booking and events!
Recommended itinerary for November 9th -12th:
- THURSDAY: Check in and enjoy the Lord of the Flies at the Homer Center for the Arts. If you have time, grab dinner beforehand at Village Taqueria in Dryden.
- FRIDAY: Start the day with fortifying coffee, tea and a light breakfast in Grayhaven’s office before you head off to see Live Unplugged at the State Theatre. Explore Ithaca’s downtown commons and famous restaurant row while you wait for “Lightning Crashes.”
- SATURDAY: After walking our trails, grab some breakfast at Dolce Delight with great views of Cayuga Lake before you take in Opera Ithaca’s Rusalka. A nightcap at Argos Warehouse while you talk through the performance might hit the spot.
- SUNDAY: Enjoy coffee and a light breakfast in the Grayhaven gallery lounge before you check out and head to the Harvest Pairing Fundraiser for Healthy Food For ALL at Sweet Land Farm.
Recommended itinerary for November 17th thru 20th:
- FRIDAY: Check in and visit the Ithaca Ale House to try their annual Thanksgiving in a sandwich offered this November thru the 22nd. You will not leave hungry!
- SATURDAY: Stop by Standard Showroom to view Open Season 7, a group art show celebrating and protesting our arts and culture. Take in the majestic sunset with some delicious fried chicken and DJ Dijon spinning vinyl at the Silo’s Pop Up at South Hill Cider.
- SUNDAY: Breakfast at the Hound & Mare followed by the Crankie Cabaret at the Cherry!
- MONDAY: Grab your fix of complimentary Maquina Coffee + a light breakfast in the office during coffee hours (8-10:30 every morning) before you check out at 11am.
See you soon!