Happy November, motel lovers!
Hope the late fall is treating you well so far.
First and foremost, thank you dear friends and guests for all of your support this season. It has been a delight to enjoy the patio and gardens with you, carve pumpkins with you, and enjoy the magnificent fall we’ve been experience here in the Finger Lakes together.
The weather moved into crisp-and-cool early on, and has been interspersed with many bright, golden, sunny days. It feels like the autumns of our northeast youth! Beautiful, cozy and dreamy. The holiday season is now on the horizon, as are fires in the wood stove, and some fun winter packages here at Grayhaven. We look forward to sharing it all with you.
We have some great November weekend itineraries for you below. For those of you with mid-week freedom, don’t forget about our MidWeek Traveler special. Stay at least three consecutive midweek (Sun-Thurs), non-holiday, non-event weeknights and you can get one of these midweek nights for free. This offer is available year-round. Details are available on our website, and it’s easy to add this package to your cart when booking a room.
When you visit us, don’t miss the epic Cornell Biennial, a months-long arts showcase running on weekdays as well as weekends. Click through the link for details and a schedule of events.
Last but not least, here’s the list of November events happening here + near Grayhaven.
Hope you’re able to join us for one or all…
Upcoming Events at the Grayhaven Motel
Saturday + Sunday, November 5th + 6th: 2022’s monthly Pay-What-You-Wish weekend at Museum of the Earth! When registering for a ticket, visitors will be able to choose from a donation range as their admission price.
Thursday, November 17th: From 4-7 head to Pop-In Studio Night at Artist Alley in the South Hill Business Campus! Wander, shop, and meet the artists.
Friday, November 18th: Raclette Night is back at South Hill Cider (our neighbors)! Make a reservation and plan on fun with melting cheese, good cider + good company. 5pm + 7pm limited seatings.
If you’re looking for a fun getaway, anytime is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes. Here are our November suggestions…
Recommended itinerary for November 4th – 6th:
- FRIDAY: Gallery Night in downtown Ithaca (and at Grayhaven!). Grayhaven’s starts at 4pm, so you have time to begin here before heading downtown.
- SATURDAY: Meet up with Cayuga Trails Club at 10am for a hike on one of our many local (and lovely) trails. They meet weekly on Saturdays, so you can catch them any weekend you’re here!
- SUNDAY: Take a holiday snack board / cocktail / mocktail class with a friend or partner, instructed by the chef + bartender of one of our local favorite restaurants, The Rook! This is also a fundraiser…Part of the proceeds will go to fund the Youth Farm Project here in Ithaca; an organization blending social justice with land-based care practices. From 3-5pm. Tickets required (that’s the fundraiser part).
Recommended itinerary for November 15th – 18th:
- TUESDAY: Check in to your MidWeek Traveler stay and take a walk on our trails before heading to Ithaca’s newest hot spot, Revelry Yards, for dinner. Come back to your room and relax with your room’s streaming ROKU tv and a nightcap from our menu.
- WEDNESDAY: Enjoy the late fall views on a hike at any of our gorgeous local parks or trails (not as crowded during the week!), then head to Cayuga Coffee Company for their Wednesday evening Complimentary Craft Beer Tasting from 5-7pm. Don’t worry – they serve sandwiches + coffee, too. 😉
- THURSDAY: Book a tasting at South Hill Cider and/or catch a 2pm matinee of the latest run at the Kitchen Theater. Then from 4-7 head to Pop-In Studio Night at Artist Alley in the South Hill Business Campus! Wander, shop, and meet the artists.
- FRIDAY: Don’t forget to grab a hot beverage + light breakfast in the office when you drop your key and say goodbye on your way out. Until next time, travelers!
Winter rates and packages are active on the website.
See you soon!