Happy October, motel lovers!
We don’t know about you, but this is our favorite month…
Come to our Inlet Valley Jack-O-Lantern Blaze on the afternoon of October 15th! Enjoy pumpkin bowling, our medieval trebuchet pumpkin toss, pumpkin-carving and of course – the ceremonial jack-o-lantern lighting at sundown. $5 per ticket covers s’mores, apple cider and a pumpkin (you borrow our carving tools). Stay after dark to join us for a family-friendly Halloween-y movie on our patio! Grownup drinks and locally-baked (fantastic) focaccia from Ithaca Breadworks will be available for purchase.
This year we want to spotlight the Tompkins County History Center’s Haunted History Tours! We are super excited to check them out ourselves. Click the link to read more and purchase tickets.
Keep your eye on our instagram account, where we love to share our motel happenings.
Here’s the list of October events happening here and near Grayhaven, as well as our favorite Ithaca goings-on for the month.
Hope you’re able to join us for one or all.
Upcoming Events near + dear to the Grayhaven Motel…
Saturday + Sunday October 1st + 2nd: Ithaca’s annual Apple Harvest Festival has arrived! If you’ll be around this weekend, don’t miss some of our locally-favored farms, vendors and fun.
Saturday, October 8th: Take advantage of New York Cider Week by visiting local cideries for tastings and creative pairings! A few close-by: Finger Lakes Cider House, Eve’s Cidery, South Hill Cider. And Lively Run Goat Dairy is hosting a pairing we’re sure will be fantastic (we love their goat cheeses!).
Sunday, October 9: Album release party for local folk-rock / steel-string chug band, Freight. Join the party at The Downstairs for music from Freight and friends, tasty drinks (including n/a!) and general joviality.
If you’re looking for a fun weekend away, any weekend is a good one to visit the Finger Lakes! Here are our uncanny October suggestions…
Recommended itinerary for October 14th – 17th:
- FRIDAY: Check in, grab a bite to eat at one of Ithaca’s favorite spots, Viva Taqueria across from The Commons downtown. Then get this party started spooky at our local Tompkins History Center’s Haunted History Tours from 6-7pm!
- SATURDAY: Start the day at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market, then head to Finger Lakes Cider House for their autumn Tour + Tasting event. Catch an early evening movie at Cinemapolis, or maybe have dinner at the Rook before heading across the street to catch a show at The Kitchen Theater.
- SUNDAY: Drink coffee and read the Sunday NYTimes in the gallery lounge. Grab brunch at one of our favorite spots before a gentle hike at lower Taughannock Falls. Head back to the homestead after 5pm for Grayhaven’s annual family-friendly Jack-O-Lantern Blaze!
Recommended itinerary for October 28th – 31st:
- FRIDAY: What better way to kick off Halloween weekend than with a Ghost Tour?! After the tour stay downtown for dinner at one of the many wonderful restaurants on the Ithaca Commons.
- SATURDAY: For a fall adventure nearby, try Indian Creek Farm, about 20mins from your door at Grayhaven. They’ve got seasonal produce (some of which can be you-pick), and of course – cider donuts!
- SUNDAY: Skip over here for more listings of fall holiday fun around Ithaca!
Winter rates and multi night discounts are active on the website. See you soon!