We accept bookings online here and over the phone (607-272-6434). We typically have a two-night minimum stay, three nights on holidays, and high season weekends. A credit card is required at the time of booking. A deposit equal to 50% of your reservation is taken from the credit card to reserve your stay. The remaining balance will be charged upon check-in. We require that all guests be over the age of 21 to make a reservation with us. All rooms are non-smoking. All rates are subject to state and local taxes. All rates are subject to change without notice.
Cancellations impact us greatly, we ask your consideration in making and revising your reservations.
- Room deposits are non-refundable. If you need to change the dates of your trip, all changes must be made 14 full days prior to our local check-in time (3:00pm EST). Changes made 14 full days prior to our local check-in time will receive a gift card in the amount of the deposit that may be applied to a future stay with us within the same calendar year.
- Cancellations must be made 14 full days prior to our local check-in time (3:00pm EST) in order to avoid a penalty of the remaining balance of your stay. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Friday two weeks before check-in time. If you cancel within 14 days of a reservation, you are responsible for 100% of your reservation balance.
- Reservations are not considered canceled without receiving a cancellation confirmation email. Please confirm cancellation requests in writing.
- If you decide to shorten your stay while at the Grayhaven, you will still be charged for your full reserved time period.
- We strongly encourage travel insurance. Purchase early / far out from the trip for the best rates. Travel Insurance Sites: allianztravelinsurance, sevencorners, aaa.
- Our booking system offers a “Travel Protection” option to guests booking on our website. Select the Travel Protection option when booking with us online and pay for your reservation in full to receive a 100% reimbursement minus the Travel Protection fee if one of the covered last minute illnesses or health conditions causes you to cancel your reservation. Details provided at booking, must book via our website.
- On the rare occasion winter travel is interrupted due to poor weather conditions, Grayhaven will honor cancellations under the following industry guidelines ONLY:
- The Ithaca Airport and/or the NYS Thruway is closed due to poor travel conditions
- These cancellations will be given the opportunity to rebook on a future date with no penalties to the guest.
Arrival / Departure
Check in time is from 3pm to 7pm. We can not accommodate check ins before 3pm. Late check ins are no problem. Please notify us 48 hours prior to your reservation if you will be checking in later than 7pm and we will be happy to make arrangements with you.
Check out time is from 7am to 11am. Our 11am check out is strict as we need ample time to clean rooms and prepare for the next guests. Check outs after 11am will be charged $50 per additional half hour. Early check outs are no problem. Please notify us if you will be checking out prior to 7am and we will be happy to make arrangements with you.
All rates are for two persons per room. We charge a fee of $25 per night per guest (adult or child) to add additional occupants to a room. You’re welcome to bring pack-n-plays for the littlest ones at no additional charge.
Except where noted, king and queen rooms are intended for up to two guests, and double rooms are intended for up to four guests. Though not all rooms can accommodate an additional occupant, please inquire if your group has more than the number of intended guests. A cot may be set up for an additional charge, pending availability. Maximum occupancy of each room can not exceed the limits established by safety code.
Only guests on the guest registry for each room are permitted on property. If you would like to have additional guests or visitors you must notify us and obtain approval in advance, during office hours. Additional visitors and vehicles must be registered with the front desk.
Our full pet policy and guidelines are available for review HERE.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome in many of our rooms. Advance notice is required. Dogs must be walked on leash at all times, and must be crated if left unattended in the room. Our pet fee is $15 per night for one dog. $30 per night for two + dogs. Please contact us to make special arrangements for more than two dogs. Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in the marked outdoor trash receptacles. If you are traveling without a crate we have a limited number of loaner crates available. Please let us know in advance that you need one and we’re happy to help make arrangements for your pet’s stay.
Service animals are, by law, welcome in all of our rooms. A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA, and are therefore limited only to dog friendly rooms and are subject to the the nightly pet fee.
Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am. During this time, we ask that you respect your neighbors and keep noise to a minimum.
Usually we only charge the room rate, applicable taxes, and any mini bar or other purchases made on the property; however, there are times where we will charge an additional fee. We only charge extra if:
- You smoke in the room ($250)
- You lose the key ($150 to have room re-keyed)
- You check-out after 11am ($50 for every 30mins)
- You don’t pick up after your pet ($75)
- You break something, take something or leave the room excessively dirty (the cost to repair or replace the object plus $65/hr. labor to return room to its original state)
- Wall art is stollen or damaged (artwork in rooms is original artwork and is priced on a piece-to-piece basis by the artist).
Looking to rent the hotel for a large group or host a meeting or retreat? We can accommodate 50 overnight guests and have ample indoor and outdoor event and meeting space. You’ll find a great overview of what booking the property looks like HERE. Contact us if you’re interested in reserving certain dates or hosting a retreat or event with us. Private meetings, parties, BBQ’s and catering events are also available.
Something smaller in mind and only want a handful of rooms? It’s easy to book a group of rooms for you and your friends here. Give a call and we’ll help choose the building that best suits your group and needs.
Graduation & Special Events
Cornell and IC commencement, college event, and holiday weekends are subject to our cancellation policy. Some of these dates require a 3 night minimum reservation. We strongly encourage “cancel for any reason” travel insurance when making reservations. We are happy to help your family make other arrangements during your commencement time in Ithaca. Just ask : )